8 Facts about Game of Thrones
Who hasn’t watched the Game of Thrones? Virtually all of us have; that is, all of us with the love and patience to watch TV series. What is more, Game to Thrones isn’t just any TV series; it is a TV series with a difference! Check below for eight amazing and hilarious facts about this unique TV series.
The Hilarious Facts:
1. You may not believe it, but Iwan Rheon, the loathsome Ramsey Bolton, was given several roles before he finally settled for that gory role he played. Will it surprise you that the Iwan Rheon was initially cast to play Jon Snow? However, the showrunners made up their minds about giving the part to Kit Harrington.
2. David Benioff, the co-creator of the series, originally wanted to make The Rains of Castamere the theme song of the game of Thrones, but he was talked out of it by D.D. Weiss, the other co-creator. Even at that, “The Rains of Castamere” could be heard several times in the series.
3. Only five episodes in the entire series did not record any death either on screen. But only two episodes did not have any deaths on or off the screen, which are the “Blood of My Blood” in Season 6 and “The bear and the Maiden Fair” in Season 3.
4. You may not believe it, but King Joffrey has a striking semblance with Caligula, the Roman Emperor, who got murdered because he was terrible at his job. Caligula was a destructive and cruel ruler, and his reign only lasted for a few years. What a striking semblance, you will say!
5. You may also not believe that the person undergoing the walk of atonement in season 5 wasn’t the body of actress Lena Headey; it was purely screen magic! No one expects you to believe that; that’s the idea anyway. There is a reason it is called a film trick.
6. In Season 1, actress Emilia Clarke, who played Daenerys ate a horse’s heart and got covered with so much fake blood made from sticky corn syrup and got stuck to a toilet as a result.
7. Yes, it is not news that Cersei (Lena Headey) has open contempt for Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) in the Game of Thrones. But will it interest you to know that they are best of friends in real life? The two had to avoid eye contact many times to avoid cracking up on screen.
8. The role of “The Mountain” originally played by George Clegane was re-casted two times. It was performed by Conan Stevens in Season 1 and by Ian Whyte in Season 2. Hafpor Bjornsson is currently playing it.
Do you have any interesting facts about the show? Let me know in the comment section below before the final season ends.